We now know that both Scripps Health and UC San Diego are studying electric scooter injuries. Earlier in the month, UCLA announced a similar study. In that study, we learned that one in three people who were in a scooter accident required a visit to the emergency room. Early results from this new study show similar numbers.
“This is becoming an issue,” said a professor of medicine at the UCSD School of Medicine. “I don’t think there’s an awareness of what the rules are (for e-scooters) or how serious the accidents can be.”
Edward “Skip” Babbitt understands the seriousness of these accidents. Skip also knows that e-scooters are just one of the many ways people can sustain injuries that are caused by other people’s negligence. When you need a San Diego personal injury attorney, you can turn to Skip to secure the compensation you deserve.
When it comes to scooter accidents, injuries can happen to pedestrians struck by the scooters, to the riders themselves, and to people who trip over discarded scooters. Do you ever really consider how many ways you can get injured as you go about your daily activities? Today, we want to discuss some common personal injury cases we have seen recently. Please know that this is not a complete list of ways people can get hurt. Always seek help from a qualified attorney before making any decisions.
- Dog Bites/Attacks –There are over 4 million bites reported each year in the US and many of those require medical attention. Often, the dog’s owner is to blame for the incident.
- Vehicle Crashes – For the latest reporting year in the state, there were more than 12,000 serious injuries as a result of vehicle accidents. We know that impaired drivers were responsible for 29% of all traffic-related fatalities. Distracted drivers and those who speed are also major contributors to vehicle crash injuries.
- Medical Errors – Medical mistakes are the third leading cause of death in the United States and are often the result of negligence on the part of healthcare professionals.
- Property Owner Negligence – One of the most common ways people get hurt is due to slip and fall accidents that happen on other people’s property. Property owners have a duty to ensure that their patrons are safe from hazards.
- Workplace Injuries – There are times when an employer’s negligence, or a third party contractor, can cause extreme harm to workers.
What We Can Do
If you or a loved one are injured due to the negligence of another person, you can count on Edward “Skip” Babbitt to be by your side. Skip will work tirelessly to secure compensation for all of your incident-related expenses. This can include:
- Coverage of your medical bills
- Recovery of lost income if you cannot work
- Pain and suffering damages
- Possible punitive damages