In nearby Rancho Bernardo, police are investigating a horrible accident that took place the other day. Police say that a motorist with three children was driving under the influence of alcohol when she smashed into another SUV in a head-on collision.
The allegedly impaired driver, a 29-year-old, was driving a Chevy Suburban with her three children the wrong way down the lanes of Camino Del Norte. She crashed into a Jeep Liberty driven by a 57-year-old man.
- An infant was transported to Rady Children’s Hospital with major injuries. The child was not restrained at the time of the accident.
- Two other children, an 8-year-old and a 2-year-old, were taken to Palomar Hospital with minor injuries.
- The driver of the Chevy suffered a broken hip.
- The Jeep driver had minor injuries.
This accident highlights the unpredictability that San Diego drivers face each day when they hit the road. Do you know what to do if you are in a vehicle accident that is caused by someone else?
When you need a San Diego car accident attorney, you can count on Edward “Skip” Babbitt to be by your side, fighting to get you the compensation you need for your accident-related injuries.
Statewide And Local
We know that there are hundreds of thousands of injuries in California vehicle accidents each year. Luckily many of those injuries are minor, but for the latest reporting year, there were over 12,000 serious traffic-related injuries and 3,623 traffic-related fatalities. Closer to home in San Diego, there were 9,237 injuries (major and minor) and deaths due to traffic accidents.
Injuries from traffic accidents can lead to major medical expenses, especially if surgery and rehabilitation are necessary for recovery. If a person needs long-term care due to a disability sustained in the accident, the costs can become extreme.
Will your insurance cover these expenses?
What if you are unable to work and make money to support yourself and your family?
These numbers are high and the accidents are often the result of careless or negligent driving behavior.
In this state, we know that the main problems on our roadways are:
- Speeding and aggressive drivers who have a disregard for the law and for their fellow citizens around them.
- Impaired drivers that make the irresponsible choice to get behind the wheel after they have had too much to drink.
- Distracted drivers who focus more on their cell phones or other devices than they do on the roadway.
What You Can Do Now
We know that the aftermath of an accident can be a confusing time, especially if there are injuries involved. Edward “Skip” Babbitt wants to help.
He will work tirelessly to get you the compensation you need after an accident. This can include:
- Coverage for your medical expenses
- Recovery of lost income if you are unable to work
- Money for property damage
- Pain and suffering damages
- Punitive damages